Thursday, May 1, 2008

Trial One- Week One

This week we have been dealing with trying to find the right agency to help us with our adoption. You think it would be easy!! Ha. Boy this has been really hard to choose which one is right fit for our family. They all charge different prices; some will only work certain countries and not others, while some will not work with some home study agencies. I was told that the first thing to do is fill out the INS I600 paperwork cause that can take up to 4 months to get approval. But you can’t fill out all of INS paperwork without having your different agencies picked and on contract. Then to find out that I needed to fill out the INS 1-600a form. So for the most part it has been frustrating to say the least. I was also told that you need current original birth certificates for all of us plus are a current copy of our marriage certificate and let’s not forget passports. And all of this cannot be dated over a year ago. I did not know that birth and marriage certificates even had date of when they were printed on them. So we had to call all of the counties of birth to get info and cost for replacement certificates plus Nevada for our marriage. Then to find out you have to have them all notarized. Nothing can be done on-line. Joy more paper work to be filled out. And it is all repeated over and over, name, address, ssn, birth date, etc. I wish I had a label with all of this information on it. Just peel and stick. I now have to go and get the paperwork for the passports again because I made a booboo.

1 comment:

Kim said...

What will be fun is when all of this is over and you are done and have your family, this will all be a distant memory!!
Good Luck!